Saturday, December 5, 2009

You're not satisfied.

So I finally drug myself out of the apartment for a workout at the gym at 6pm. I was surprised to find so many other people at the gym on a Saturday evening. Made me feel a little better about how un-cool I felt :) I accomplished 4 miles, which was awesome. I burned around 500 calories, which is a great workout in my book.

This is what Stella and I did most of the afternoon (watch TV shows on da internets):

 
And after my workout, I made this:



a veggie burger between 2 slices of ezekial bread with onions, arugula (are you noticing a theme? I put it on EVERYTHING) and some hummus.


This is the hummus. I bought it at Whole Foods because it was the cheapest they have and now I'm in love. so effing delicious!

And then Stella and I settled in for some more couch time with a little TV, a little text messaging, a little walk around the neighborhood and now it's just shy of 11pm and I'm considering going to bed. I feel a little silly doing so, but I'm not doing anything tonight and if I'm going to keep on my training schedule, I need to do 5 miles tomorrow. Oh snap!

I also wanted to mention how awesome icing can be. And by icing, I mean taking something really cold and pressing against your skin to alleviate muscle pain and soreness. It works my friends. My hips and thighs are damn sore and I iced this evening and the relief is almost immediate. Try it!

Okay me and the pooch are off to bed to rest up for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers