Saturday, December 5, 2009

Alibi

So, I have a confession. I didn't do my 4 miles on Thursday. Boo! I feel guilty about it, but things happen. My brother came to town and wanted to take me out to dinner, so who was I to argue? Honestly, this is one good reason to NOT do your workouts in the evening. Besides sleep there just isn't usually anyone competing for my attention at 6:30am.

I had a good time on Thursday night and then woke up Friday morning and did a little workout DVD at home. I had a busy day on Friday so I knew I wouldn't be able to get to the gym or do a run. So I did a little 30-minutes Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser) cardio kickbox workout. It was pretty decent, lots of squats and lunges. My thighs were actually sore from Double Dutch because we practiced "low jumping" on Wednesday night. So between those two workouts, my thighs are screaming a bit. It's always a good feeling to be sore though, don't you think? You know you are making progress, at least!

Breakfast today was yummy, yummy, yummy! Besides the french press Blue Bottle, I made an omelette:


I added some turkey bacon, sauteed shitake mushrooms, onions and some raw arugula (it wilts):

 

And then I added a wee bit of avocado and ate it with some Ezekial toast:

 

So today, I must get on top of my laundry and either get to the gym for that 4 miles or do it outside. But first I think a nap is in order for this girl who can't seem to sleep in past 7:30am even on a Saturday these days! Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers