Sunday, December 6, 2009

All the laughs and the smiles.

Well hello winter. It's downright dreary in San Francisco today! And rainy to boot! But never mind that, I was up and out of the house by 9:30am today.  Took Ms. Stella to the dog park where she had a rousing game of fetch with  a sweet mutt named Artie.

I then went to the gym. And kicked some booty on those 5 miles! I burned 624 calories! Damn! My legs are tired, my hips are sore, but I feel AMAZING. I haven't felt like this for at least 2 years. It's quite a relief to know that I had still had it in me!

One thing that I wanted to mention tonight was about the scale. I'm not a fan of checking my weight every morning. It drives me crazy. I realized that at this stage in weight loss, for me, it's actually not at all motivating to weigh myself. I know I did this in the past too (without thinking too much about it). I mean, I know where I started off, give or take a pound, but I don't need a daily reminder of my progress. It will come over time. That's why I'm waiting until the middle of next to step on the scale. I don't need to get the wind knocked out of my sails at this point by seeing a number that is unpleasant. I hope that by that point, I will have something to proud of. Let's hope! I know that I already feel like I'm trimming down, but we'll see.

On an unhappy note, I came across the Facebook page of an "ex" or rather someone that I dated on and off again for over a year. And then some. He was a bit of a mess and a party-machine, but we has this torrid affair and I was mad about him for some reason that I still can't pinpoint. I last ran into him in the Summer of 2008 and he seemed to still be on that path of destruction. According to his FB page, he is now in really great shape, is super hot and is in a seemingly vomit-inducing, sugary sweet, happy relationship.  What gives world? Sometimes it'd be nice if the internet just kept it's big mouth shut -- I really didn't need to see that! It's always a bummer to see someone change into the person you wanted them to be. Oh well, he's probably still much like he was before. You can't believe everything you read on the internet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers