Thursday, December 3, 2009

Roll with it.

Oy vey! It's totally challenging for me to deny myself the things I want food-wise. And so it was that yesterday I had a moderately-sized fish burrito for a late lunch with Rick (brother-in-law and co-worker) and it was heaven.

And then last night was my Double Dutch Class. I've graduated to Level 2 and it was our first class in Level 2. It was fantastic. The best time I've had at one of our DD classes yet! We learned a few new tricks, one of which I couldn't really get my mind and body in sync, but got some of the others, so it was good all in all. The class has shrunk from about 12 people in our Level 1 to 4 in Level 2, which was actually really nice. We all got to jump more and I'm sure we'll all get to know each other more. And it's not a bad workout either! I was thinking that I should wear a heart rate monitor to class to see how many calories are burned, just to have an idea. Check out this video of the girls that run these classes. Adorable!

I made an awesome and healthy dinner post class of quinoa and veggies, so I hope that I made up for the indulgent lunch!

My plan is to do a 4-mile run today. I think I may end up doing it at the gym, just because I'm worried about my knees and all the impact with the running I've been doing, the jumping and the extra weight I still have on me. But I also may try to get some single-rope jumping in today, too. I'm starting to get into this whole Double Dutch business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers